Monday, July 11, 2011

Sweet Poke-Apps For the Windows Phone 7

by Jose Martinez

While I'm still suffering from Poke-fever, I thought I'd point out a couple of awesome Pokemon apps fro the Windows Phone 7.  While many don't think the Marketplace offers much, I seem to always find apps to fit what I'm into at the moment.  These apps have been tried and tested and are the two best Pokemon apps that I have found so far.

Pokedex 3D AR Markers
 Developer: Johnny Westlake Entertainment | Category: Entertainment | Release Date: 6/10/2011 | Price : Free | Current Version: 1.2.0.0

Pokedex 3D AR Markers Screenshots
Description From the Windows Marketplace:
Update 1.2: Newly added Battle & Grid Modes, and fixes for Thunderus, Tornadus, and Landorus.  Now all 152 Pokemon are fully supported!

Got the Pokedex 3D on your Nintendo 3DS?  Looking for AR Cards to project your Pokemon into your real life?  Look no further!

Now including ALL 152 AR Markers for entirely 3D modelled Pokemon, simply choose a Pokemon, and then use the Augmented Reality feature of Pokedex 3D on your Nintendo 3DS to scan your phone and show your Pokemon.

Face off two Pokemon against each other in Battle Mode, and use the scale options and attack animation options (throw an apple) on your Nintendo 3DS to make them attack each other, then capture the moment on your 3DS camera!

Pokemon, Pokemon character names, Nintendo and Nintendo 3DS are copyright 2011 Nintendo and the Pokemon Company.  All rights reserved.

This app isn't officially endorsed by the Pokemon Company or Nintendo.

This app makes use of your phone's:

  • Media Library
  • Data connection

My Review:
Keep all AR Markers with you wherever you go!  This is an awesome app.  I use it every single day.  When I wake up I check my 3DS for my three new Pokemon, then use the AR app on my phone to get my AR sticker and pose sticker on the spot.  This app really simplifies the process and allows me to show off the 3D AR features anywhere I go.  The new addition of the battle mode is an excellent touch as you can have any two Pokemon face off against each other and capture battles on the go.  A super easy to use app that does exactly what it sets out to do.  A must have for 3DS users. 



POKEDEX MOBILE
Developer: Imaginary Pocket | Category: Entertainment | Release Date: 3/4/2011 | Price: $1.99 (Free Lite version also available) | Current Version: 2.2.0.0

Pokedex Mobile Screenshots
Description from the Windows Marketplace:
Pokedex Mobile is now on SALE!  Catch 'em all with the first and highest ranked Pokedex app for Windows Phone 7!

Pokedex Mobile contains data about all 649 Pokemon, including its type, evolutionary stages, move sets, abilities and much more!  View the entire National Dex, just Pokemon from the current generation, Black and White, or even bookmarked Pokemon that you personally choose.

Also included are various trainer tools, such as type weakness chart, nature chart, and IV calculator.

This app makes use of your phone's:
  • Data connection


My Review:
This is a great recourse that I use constantly while playing Pokemon.  It keeps me from having to access the Pokedex in game and really helps in battles where I don't know the opponent's weakness.  The search is simple and fast, and you can use the National Dex or just the Unova.  You can also search by egg group, number or individual name.  It's a very robust tool, and while the free version is functional, I quickly spent the $1.99 to have the full features.  The game also offers a very handy Moves Dex to help sort out moves for newly caught Pokemon, and each Pokemon's profile displays Name, Experience gain type, weakness, resistance  abilities, base stats, effort value yield, evolution chain, area for each game, moves learned and taught by TM/HM and eggs.  I highly recommend this robust recourse.


No comments:

Post a Comment